Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

And...2011 begins!

So, time has just been flying by since we arrive the end of October! Mitch has been working a lot. He was blessed with another job working at Mcdonalds. We have gotten involved in a great little church in town. Its a recent church plant and we really like the people that are attending there.
We had a great Christmas and New years. We both had colds and werent feeling great, but we had a very relaxing and nice time with our close family and friends.
I have been keeping myself busy with a handful of different things. I have been quite suprised how fast everything is going with me not working. I have been helping a Lebonease women with her English speaking a few times a week. Ive been really busy with trying to get all of my imigration paperwork in order.
I was hopeing to get it mailed in last month, but as I was going through the checkoff list, I discovered two things that I hadnt done yet that would take some time for me to do. I didnt realize I needed my medical exam and background check done before I would submit the paperwork. I thought that they would tell me when and were to get them done after I sent in my paperwork. So I did get the medical exam done, and I mailed off the the information for the background check. The results could take a while to get back though. I am going to submit my paperwork soon, and then will have to submit the background check results after I get them back. We are hoping that I will get my work permit soon so I can start working!
We will definately keep things updated as they change! Thanks so much for all your support!
Untill next time...
The Chaplins'

No comments: